Instead of ground beef, how about trying to fill your lasagna with broccoli, mushrooms and carrots? I’m sure you will love this Veggie Lasagna recipe!
Go green with your pasta dish!
- lasagna noodles - 1 pack (9 ounce)
- broccoli head - 3 cups
- white mushrooms - 3 cups
- carrots - 1 cup, thinly sliced
- all-purpose flour - 5 tbsp
- milk - 3 1/4 cups
- Parmesan cheese - 1 cup, grated
- butter - 2 tbsp
- ricotta cheese - 15 ounces
- mozzarella cheese - 1 1/2 cups, shredded
- nutmeg - a pinch
- salt - 1 tsp
- Cook the noodles according to package instructions.
- Combine broccoli, mushrooms, and carrots in a large glass bowl. Microwave for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan. Gradually add-in flour and cook until light brown.
- Gently stir-in the milk. Cook while stirring until the texture thickens. Add-in nutmeg and salt. Stir and turn off heat.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prepare a wide rectangular baking pan. Spread the bechamel sauce on the pan.
- Arrange a layer of lasagna noodles, followed by another layer of vegetables.
- Sprinkle some mozzarella, Parmesan, and ricotta cheese on top, and then pour-in some bechamel sauce.
- Create another layer of lasagna noodles. Continue doing the process until you are able to fill your pan.
- Make sure that the last layer is made-up of lasagna noodles topped with parmesan cheese.
- Cover the rectangular pan with aluminum foil. Bake for 25 to 35 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
Watch this Vegetable Lasagna by ShowMeTheCurry
Recommended Best Sellers
Pyrex 6022369 Storage 14-Piece Round Set, Clear with Blue Lids
Pyres 14-Piece Clear Glass Storage Set Since 1915, experienced cooks and beginners alike have reached for Pyrex glassware products. It all started with our glass bakeware... read more →
Prices are accurate as of May 19, 2013 7:26 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Not Starving Lets Eat