Who doesn’t like Omelets for breakfast? It’s healthy, light in the tummy and easy to prepare especially when you’re in a morning rush. Here’s a Tex-Mex, or should I rather call it Texican Omelet for you to enjoy.
Have a hearty and healthy breakfast to start the day right with Texan Omelet.
- olive oil - 1 tbsp
- green bell pepper - 1/4 cup (finely chopped)
- red bell pepper - 1/4 cup (finely chopped)
- onion - 1/4 cup (chopped)
- canned chopped green chiles/chillies - 2 tbsp
- black olives - 2 tbsp (chopped)
- grated cheese - 1/2 cup
- eggs - 5
- milk - 1 tbsp
- cumin - 1/4 tsp (ground)
- ground black pepper - to taste
- butter - 2 tbsp
- cilantro - chopped
- sour cream -
- In a small non-stick skillet, sauté the bell peppers and onions in the olive oil just until softened.
- Remove from heat and stir in the green chiles and olives. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, cumin and black pepper until blended.
- Melt the butter in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Swirl it around and up the sides of the skillet to coat.
- When the butter begins to foam, pour in the eggs.
- Let the eggs cook for about 30 seconds, then begin running the spatula around the sides of the pan, lifting the edges of the omelet. Uncooked egg from the top will flow underneath.
- You can tilt the pan a little to encourage the flow. Keep this up until the top surface is almost dry for 3 or 4 minutes.
- Spoon the sautéed vegetables evenly over the omelet surface and follow with the grated cheese. Turn off heat.
- Take the spatula and run it about halfway under the omelet. Lift that side and fold the omelet in half. Slide the folded omelet back into the center of the pan, and let stand for a few seconds to allow cheese to melt.
- Cut into portions and serve.
- Prepare sour cream and cilantro for garnish.
Betty shares this Southern-Style Tex-Mex Omelet Video
Recommended Best Sellers
Pyrex 6022369 Storage 14-Piece Round Set, Clear with Blue Lids
Pyres 14-Piece Clear Glass Storage Set Since 1915, experienced cooks and beginners alike have reached for Pyrex glassware products. It all started with our glass bakeware... read more →
Prices are accurate as of May 25, 2013 1:08 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Not Starving Lets Eat