If you are feeling a little guilty about the food you’ve been recently eating, you can try this – Stir Fry Tofu with Vegetables. You will equally enjoy the taste and all the health benefits of tofu and veggies with this dish.
Health Fact!Tofu is one of the best sources of protein if you would want to avoid red meat. From WHFoods: Think a meal without meat equals a meal without protein? Think again. Four ounces of tofu provides 9.2 grams of protein, that’s 18.3% of the daily value for protein, and it comes virtually free of saturated fat (less than 1 gram), and at a cost of only 86 calories.
fortunecooking shares this stir fry tofu video!
Recommended Best Sellers
Pyrex 6022369 Storage 14-Piece Round Set, Clear with Blue Lids
Pyres 14-Piece Clear Glass Storage Set Since 1915, experienced cooks and beginners alike have reached for Pyrex glassware products. It all started with our glass bakeware... read more →
Prices are accurate as of May 25, 2013 1:08 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Not Starving Lets Eat
- tofu - 14 ounces, extra firm, cubed
- carrot - 1 medium, sliced
- snow peas - 1/2 lb
- onion - 1 medium, sliced,
- crimini mushrooms - 1/2 lb., sliced
- cornstarch - 1/2 tablespoon diluted in 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- vegetable oil - 1 cup
- soy sauce - 1 tbsp
- Salt and pepper - to taste
- Deep fry the tofu until medium brown (about 5 to 8 minutes). Set aside.
- Heat a pan and pour-in 1 tablespoon cooking oil.
- Sauté onion.
- Add the fried tofu and stir-fry for 3 minutes.
- Add all the vegetables and stir fry for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Put-in soy sauce, salt, and pepper.
- Pour-in vegetable broth with cornstarch.
- Cook until the sauce thickens.