You may want to make Spanish Rice an addition to your next Thanksgiving dinner.
For this recipe, you may opt to use real chicken stock or chicken bouillon, whichever you prefer. This one’s a little tricky to prepare for those unfamiliar in cooking rice. But, it’s definitely an achievement once you make it right.
Health Facts! Rice is a staple food for many countries and for good reason. It’s rich in carbohydrates which is a great energy sourcce for the body. It’s cholesterol free – no sodium, no fat. It has vitamin D, calcium, iron and fiber among others. However, brown rice is better recommended for people on a diet or people with diabetes than white rice.
- white rice - 1 cup, long grains
- onion - 1/2, small, diced
- chicken stock - 3 cups or
- chicken bouillon cubes - 1 1/2, dissolved in 3 cups water
- tomato sauce - 1/2 small can
- comino - 1/2 tsp
- salt and pepper - to taste
- Fry the rice in a few tablespoons of oil at a medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Once the rice starts to get a little color add the onion and continue stirring until the onion is fragrant and the rice is nicely toasted.
- Pour in the hot chicken stock, tomato sauce, and comino.
- Stir to combine, turn the heat to low and cover. Simmer for 20 minutes.
Recommended Best Sellers
Pyrex 6022369 Storage 14-Piece Round Set, Clear with Blue Lids
Pyres 14-Piece Clear Glass Storage Set Since 1915, experienced cooks and beginners alike have reached for Pyrex glassware products. It all started with our glass bakeware... read more →
Prices are accurate as of May 24, 2013 4:52 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Not Starving Lets Eat