This could possibly be the best pork chop recipe you’d ever prepare - Smothered Pork Chops. The tender pork meat and the creamy gravy would just have you crave for more, even if you hate pork chops!
You can also add mushrooms to the gravy. Best served with Mashed Potatoes and carrots side dishes.
Health Facts! Pork meat has been pretty much avoided by people on a diet or other health concerns. But its benefits depend on the cut and preparation of pork meat. The loin part, like tender loin is their healthiest part. Pork meat contains protein, iron, magnesium among other vitamins and minerals the body needs. Of course, always eat in moderation.
- pork chops - 4, 3/4 inch thick, bone-in
- chicken broth - 1 cup
- all purpose flour - 1 cup
- onion powder - 2 tbsp
- garlic powder - 2 tbsp
- cayenne - 1 tsp
- salt - 1 tsp
- ground black pepper - 1/2 tsp
- olive oil - 1/4 cup
- buttermilk - 1/2 cup
- fresh parsely - chopped, for garnish
- Put the flour in a shallow platter and add the onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne, salt, and pepper; mix with a fork to distribute evenly.
- Pat the pork chops dry with paper towels to remove any moisture and then dredge them in the seasoned flour; shaking off the excess.
- Heat a large saute pan or cast iron skillet over medium heat and coat with the oil.
- When the oil is nice and hot, lay the pork chops in the pan in a single layer and fry for 3 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Remove the pork chops from the pan and add a little sprinkle of seasoned flour to the pan drippings. Mix the flour into the fat to dissolve and then pour in the chicken broth in.
- Let the liquid cook down for 5 minutes to reduce and thicken slightly.
- Stir in the buttermilk to make a creamy gravy and return the pork chops to the pan, covering them with the sauce.
- Simmer for 5 minutes until the pork is cooked through.
- Season with salt and pepper and garnish with chopped parsley before serving.
Recommended Best Sellers
Pyrex 6022369 Storage 14-Piece Round Set, Clear with Blue Lids
Pyres 14-Piece Clear Glass Storage Set Since 1915, experienced cooks and beginners alike have reached for Pyrex glassware products. It all started with our glass bakeware... read more →
Prices are accurate as of May 23, 2013 1:36 am. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Not Starving Lets Eat