Here’s a Salisbury Steak recipe. Wiki defines it as “Salisbury steak is a dish made from a blend of minced beef and other ingredients, which is shaped to resemble a steak, and is usually served with gravy or brown sauce”.
But for me, it just means heaven. Serve this with rice, corn or mashed potatoes!
Fact! wiki.answers says Ground Chuck comes from the front shoulders of beef only Ground beef is a random mix of leftover pieces from cutting the beef into steaks and roasts and blending them together before grinding into burger. In other words Chuck is a specific cut and the other could have come from several different cuts. You should ask if it is real ground chuck. Many places sell ground chuck that is really just 80% lean ground beef.
- ground chuck (beef) - 1 pound
- taco seasoning - 1/2 teaspoon
- green onions - 4
- cheddar cheese - 1/2 cup, shredded
- condensed mushroom soup - 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can
- Salt and pepper - to taste
- Press the ground chuck into two 1/2-pound patties, then sprinkle with taco seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Grill or fry until brown then place in a baking dish (stove-top safe) and cover with diced green onions and shredded cheese.
- Mix soup with about a half can of water and pour mixture over patties; let simmer, covered, on low heat at least 20 minutes or until ready to serve.
TheIronChefMom demonstrates how Salisbury Steak is done!
Recommended Best Sellers
Pyrex 6022369 Storage 14-Piece Round Set, Clear with Blue Lids
Pyres 14-Piece Clear Glass Storage Set Since 1915, experienced cooks and beginners alike have reached for Pyrex glassware products. It all started with our glass bakeware... read more →
Prices are accurate as of May 21, 2013 12:28 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Not Starving Lets Eat