Here’s another time for us to bake! Try this Pumpkin – Raisin Loaf that goes perfectly well with tea.
It’s also ideal for breakfast, just have a cold slice paired with coffee. Add chocolate chips to the batter or serve with cream cheese frosting as topping, then you got a great dessert!
- pumpkin purée - 1 cup
- eggs - 2
- butter - 1/3 cup
- brown sugar - 1 cup
- orange rind - 1 tsp, coarsely grated
- orange juice - 1/4 cup
- all purpose flour - 1-2/3 cups
- baking soda - 1 tsp
- baking powder - 1/2 tsp
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- cinnamon - 1/2 tsp and another 2 tsp for topping
- raisins - 1 cup
- granulated sugar - 2 tsp for topping
- In large bowl, cream butter for 1 minute. Add sugar and beat for 4 to minutes longer or until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs.
- In separate bowl, whisk together pumpkin, orange rind and juice.
- In third bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cloves and cinnamon.
- Stir one-third of the flour mixture into the butter mixture; mix in half the pumpkin mixture.
- Add another one-third flour mixture and remaining pumpkin mixture.
- Sprinkle with remaining flour mixture and raisins; mix.
- Spoon batter into greased 8- x 4- inch (1.5L) loaf pan; tap pan lightly on counter to remove air bubbles.
- Bake in 350°F (180°C) oven for 55 to 60 minutes or until loaf is well risen and golden and tester inserted in center comes out clean.
- Transfer pan to wire rack and let stand for 5 minutes.
Topping: Remove loaf from pan, transfer to rack. Brush butter over top of cake. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over cake. Let cool completely. (Loaf can be wrapped and stored at room temperature for up to 3 days.)
Check out this Pumpkin Loaf Video
Recommended Best Sellers
Pyrex 6022369 Storage 14-Piece Round Set, Clear with Blue Lids
Pyres 14-Piece Clear Glass Storage Set Since 1915, experienced cooks and beginners alike have reached for Pyrex glassware products. It all started with our glass bakeware... read more →
Prices are accurate as of May 24, 2013 4:52 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Not Starving Lets Eat