This is one popular dish from Japan , Pork Tonkatsu. It’s practically breaded deep-fried pork strips. Shredded cabbage and Miso soup completes your entire Japanese experience!
- pork loin steak or pork loin cutlets - 10 pcs, boneless
- salt and pepper - to taste
- all purpose flour - 1 1/2 cups
- egg - 2, beaten
- Japanese bread crumbs - 1 1/2 cups
- cabbage - thinly shredded
- lemon wedges -
- cooking oil -
- Tonkatsu or BBQ Sauce - commercially available
- Score the fat of the pork chops to prevent from curling.
- Lightly salt and pepper the chops on both sides, then dredge in flour.
- Shake off any excess flour, dip in beaten egg.
- Next press the chops firmly into the breadcrumbs making sure that all surfaces are well coated.
- Place them on a sheet pan covered with parchment paper and refrigerate for an hour before using.
- Deep-fry the porkchop in oil, turning once or twice until cooked through and golden brown, approximately 4-5 minutes.
- The coating should be quite crisp. Drain on a clean towel, then cut into 1-inch strips, keeping the original shape of the chop.
To Serve: Place shredded cabbage over half of a warm serving plate. Place the porkchop on top of the cabbage toward the center of the plate. Serve the sauce in a separate small dish for dipping. Garnish with lemon wedges. Serve Tonkatsu or barbecue sauce with fried pork cutlet.
ochikeron shares this ”How to Make Tonkatsu” video on Youtube!
Recommended Best Sellers
Pyrex 6022369 Storage 14-Piece Round Set, Clear with Blue Lids
Pyres 14-Piece Clear Glass Storage Set Since 1915, experienced cooks and beginners alike have reached for Pyrex glassware products. It all started with our glass bakeware... read more →
Prices are accurate as of May 22, 2013 7:48 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Not Starving Lets Eat