Do you want to make your pasta greener, try this Pesto recipe. This dish that originated from Nothern Italy is ideal for people who are tired of the usual tomato or cream based sauces for pasta.
It only needs at least 5 ingredients and a food processor or blender to make your own Pesto sauce. Aside from sauce to your spaghetti noodles, you can also make this as your pizza sauce. Serve with garlic bread.
- basil - 2 cups, fresh, home-grown if possible
- pine nuts - 1/2 cup, toasted, cooled
- Parmesan cheese - 1 cup
- garlic - 3 cloves, crushed
- olive oil - 1/4 - 1/2 cup
- Put into a food processor or blender basil, pine nuts, parmesan cheese and garlic, blend.
- Add oil gradually to make a nice paste.
- Serve with your cooked pasta.
Check out this video on how to make your Pesto sauce
Recommended Best Sellers
Pyrex 6022369 Storage 14-Piece Round Set, Clear with Blue Lids
Pyres 14-Piece Clear Glass Storage Set Since 1915, experienced cooks and beginners alike have reached for Pyrex glassware products. It all started with our glass bakeware... read more →
Prices are accurate as of May 20, 2013 4:07 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Not Starving Lets Eat