We’re going Italian again with this Meatloaf recipe! I think this is our first meatloaf recipe here and this would surely bring back a lot of your childhood memories.
- ground beef or chuck - 2 1/2 lbs
- peppers, red or green - 2 large, coarsely chopped
- tomatoes - 1 16 oz can, diced
- onion - large, chopped
- bacon - 4 slices
- Italian breadcrumbs - 1 1/2 cups
- Parmesan cheese - 1/4 cup, grated
- garlic - 2 tbsp, minced or pressed
- basil - 1/2 tsp
- oregano - 1/3 tsp
- fresh parsely - 1/3 cup
- salt - 1 tsp
- eggs - 2
- black pepper - 1/3 tsp, ground
- ketchup - 1/3 cup
- onion and garlic powder - to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, combine meat, eggs, seasonings and remaining ingredients except ketchup and bacon, adding breadcrumbs to mixture last. If meat is low in fat, add up to 1 tablespoon olive oil. Mix well.
- Press meat into a loaf shaped pan, forming a dome shape. Brush top with ketchup and sprinkle with onion and garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Cover with bacon slices. Baste occasionally with additional ketchup during cooking, being careful not to allow oven to get cold or additional cooking time will be required.
- If desired, cover with thinly sliced onions.
- Bake uncovered 1 1/2 hours.
Check out Susan Walker’s Italian Meatloaf video, this one has sausage.
Recommended Best Sellers
Pyrex 6022369 Storage 14-Piece Round Set, Clear with Blue Lids
Pyres 14-Piece Clear Glass Storage Set Since 1915, experienced cooks and beginners alike have reached for Pyrex glassware products. It all started with our glass bakeware... read more →
Prices are accurate as of June 18, 2013 4:09 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Not Starving Lets Eat