In case you cannot buy a ready-made pie crust, here’s a simple recipe on how to make your own. This one’s for the Flaky Pastry Pie Crust. It makes two 9-inch pie crusts. Perfect for Banana cream pies or apple pies!
- Combine the flour and salt in a large bowl.
- Cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in the ice water, a Tablespoon at a time, until the crust mixture forms a ball.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Sprinkle flour onto rolling surface. Roll dough out, then divide in half. Roll each half to fit a 9-inch pie plate.
- Place crust in pie plate, pressing evenly into the bottom and sides.
Here’s a Pie Crust Video from HowdiniGuru
Recommended Best Sellers
Pyrex 6022369 Storage 14-Piece Round Set, Clear with Blue Lids
Pyres 14-Piece Clear Glass Storage Set Since 1915, experienced cooks and beginners alike have reached for Pyrex glassware products. It all started with our glass bakeware... read more →
Prices are accurate as of May 24, 2013 3:12 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Not Starving Lets Eat