Here’s another quick soup dish that you will surely love – Ham and Potato Soup.
You can use leftover ham if you want and you can always add additional ingredients like carrots, chicken bouillon and shredded cheese. Be creative and add your own personal touch with different recipes!
- cooked ham - 1 cup
- potatoes - 3 cups, diced
- celery - 1/2 cup, minced
- onion - 1 medium, minced
- chicken broth - 3 1/2 cups
- fresh milk - 2 cups
- all purpose flour - 1/4 cup
- butter - 6 tbsp
- salt and pepper - to taste
- spring onions - 1 tbsp, chopped, for garnish
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a cooking pot.
- When the butter is hot, add ham. Cook for 1 minute.
- Put-in potato, onion, and celery. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Pour-in chicken broth. Let boil. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the remaining butter in a saucepan.
- Gradually whisk-in flour. Stir until the mixture thickens.
- Slowly pour milk while continuously stirring. Cook (while stirring) until the texture becomes thick. Set aside.
- Pour the milk and flour mixture on the cooking pot where the ham and potatoes are. Add salt and pepper. Stir and simmer for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl and garnish with spring onion.
Check out Vera’s Ham and Potato Soup video
Recommended Best Sellers
Pyrex 6022369 Storage 14-Piece Round Set, Clear with Blue Lids
Pyres 14-Piece Clear Glass Storage Set Since 1915, experienced cooks and beginners alike have reached for Pyrex glassware products. It all started with our glass bakeware... read more →
Prices are accurate as of May 20, 2013 4:07 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Not Starving Lets Eat