This is another comfort food, Ham and Beans Soup. The dish a nice way to keep warm, with it’s rich and creamy flavor. You can also use leftover ham.
Health Facts! Beans, legumes or pulses belong to a large category of vegetables and like grains, supply the calories and protein we need. However, beans provide ‘incomplete’ protein compared to found in meat, fish, eggs and dairy products. They are best served with other source of proteins like brown rice, corn, nuts, seeds and wheat to complete your body requirement. Soya products like tofu and soymilk, however, provide complete proteins.
- smoked ham - 1 1/4 cups, cubed 1/4 inch
- nothern beans - 2 cans, 15 oz, rinsed and rained
- carrots - 1 1/4 cups, sliced
- celery - 1 cup, diced
- onion - 1/4 cup, chopped
- butter - 2 tbsp
- chicken broth - 3 cups
- garlic - 1/2 tsp, minced
- pepper - 1/4 tsp
- bay leaf - 1
- parsely - 3 tbsp, chopped
- Melt butter in large saucepan.
- Add and sauté carrots, celery and onion until tender.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf and discard.
- Add the parsley immediately before serving.
Recommended Best Sellers
Pyrex 6022369 Storage 14-Piece Round Set, Clear with Blue Lids
Pyres 14-Piece Clear Glass Storage Set Since 1915, experienced cooks and beginners alike have reached for Pyrex glassware products. It all started with our glass bakeware... read more →
Prices are accurate as of June 19, 2013 3:49 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Not Starving Lets Eat