While getting ready to drink the Sangria, I decided to make some guacamole dip. Okay, so those who know me know that I now live in “Texico” which makes me a Texican (yep, in Texas by Mexico) okay…Austin ~ anyway…. Here is the next recipe.
This recipe is for guacamole dip, which is a good appetizer for any time. This is great year-round for parties.
- avocados - 2
- onions - 5 tbsp (minced)
- Hatch's green chilies - 4 small cans
- garlic - 1 clove
- lemon juice - 3 tbsp
- black pepper (ground) - ¼ teaspoon
- Tortilla chips -
- You need to peel & seed 2 avocados, mash one & chop the other into small pieces. (But first, what I have learned is DO NOT puree the avocados.)
- Add 5 tablespoons of minced onion, if you live around here use Hatch’s green chilies, if not use 4 small cans of any good green chilies, 1 clove garlic minced, 3 tablespoons lemon juice, ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper. Taste this, if needed add a little salt.
- Mix all this together and refrigerate for a couple of hours.
- Stir right before serving with some tortilla chips (I love the HEB brand chips)
This goes great with our Sangria
Simple Cooking Channel shares this Homemade Guacamole Dip Video!
Recommended Best Sellers
Pyrex 6022369 Storage 14-Piece Round Set, Clear with Blue Lids
Pyres 14-Piece Clear Glass Storage Set Since 1915, experienced cooks and beginners alike have reached for Pyrex glassware products. It all started with our glass bakeware... read more →
Prices are accurate as of May 23, 2013 2:19 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Not Starving Lets Eat