It’s another shrimp recipe you will surely enjoy – Garlic Shrimp. This has been a staple in some oriental restaurants and could go along great with drinks and conversations with guests.
Health facts! Garlic has been proven to have medical and health benefits, especially when managing blood pressure and cholesterol. It also has natural antibiotic properties. However, remember not to over-eat or over-use garlic. Aside from the fact that you wouldn’t want to smell like garlic in your breath or skin, it also has proven side-effects like allergies or damage to digestive track.
- shrimp - 8 oz. medium sized, don't remove the head and shell. Slit the back.
- butter or olive oil - 2 tbsps
- garlic cloves - 3, finely chopped
- salt - to taste
- sugar - to taste
- Chinese rice wine - 1/2 tsp
- scallions - chopped
- Rinse the shrimp with cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Heat up a wok or frying pan with olive oil or butter.
- Lightly saute the chopped garlic until aromatic.
- Add shrimp and stir well with the garlic and add rice wine.
- Cover the wok or pan with its lid and cook for about 1 minute.
- Add chopped scallions, and salt and sugar to taste.
Check out this Garlic Shrimp Video!
Recommended Best Sellers
Pyrex 6022369 Storage 14-Piece Round Set, Clear with Blue Lids
Pyres 14-Piece Clear Glass Storage Set Since 1915, experienced cooks and beginners alike have reached for Pyrex glassware products. It all started with our glass bakeware... read more →
Prices are accurate as of May 21, 2013 12:28 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Not Starving Lets Eat