This one is surely a delightful pasta and vegetable dish – Eggplant Parmesan!
TIP! The softness and sponginess of eggplant makes them ideal for a variety of dishes, from eggplant parmesan to baba ghanoush. Eggplant is not only a versatile vegetable to use, but it also provides antioxidants and contains folic acid, potassium and manganese.
This recipe for eggplant parmesan is from my wonderful daughter-in-law. I know my niece who is a vegetarian will love it!
- eggplant -
- pasta -
- spaghetti sauce -
- eggs - 4-5
- milk -
- garlic - minced
- salt -
- pepper -
- onion powder -
- Italian seasonings -
- parsely -
- mozzarella cheese -
- Prepare an Egg Mixture by whisking together 4 or 5 eggs with a dash of milk, minced garlic, salt & pepper, onion powder and Italian seasonings.
- Prepare a Bread Mixture: in a flat bowl, mix 1 cup of bread crumbs with 1/2 cup of flour, salt & pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasonings, and a little extra parsley (use enough seasons that you can see and smell them in your mixtures)
- Take 1 large eggplant, peeled and sliced horizontally, and immerse in egg mixture.
- Next, coat the sliced eggplant in the bread mixture.
- Now, redip in egg mixture and back into bread mixture.
- Then place immediately into hot oil and brown on both sides.
- On your plate place your favorite cooked pasta.
- On top of that pour heated spaghetti sauce, 2-4 slices of eggplant, top with more sauce.
- On top of this sprinkle shredded mozzarella.
Hoffman Kitchen shares this Eggplant Parmesan Video
Pastas at Amazon
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Not Starving Lets Eat