Sometimes you just don’t know if you’re doing the French Toast the right way. So here’s the easiest instructions on how to prepare this classic breakfast meal.
You can also top it with sliced fresh bananas or add a teaspoon of vanilla to the egg mixture.
- white bread - 10 - 12 slices
- milk - 1 cup
- eggs - 4 large size
- sugar - 1 tsp, optional
- salt - 1 tsp
- butter -
- maple syrup -
- Break eggs into a wide, shallow bowl or pie plate; beat lightly with a fork. Stir in sugar, salt, and milk.
- Over medium-low heat, heat griddle or skillet coated with a thin layer of butter or margarine.
- Place the bread slices, one at a time, into the bowl or plate, letting slices soak up egg mixture for a few seconds, then carefully turn to coat the other side. Soak/coat only as many slices as you will be cooking at one time.
- Transfer bread slices to griddle or skillet, heating slowly until bottom is golden brown. Turn and brown the other side.
- Serve French toast hot with butter and syrup.
Check out the “World’s Best French Toast Recipe” video:
Some Breakfast Yummies
KIND Nuts & Spices, Dark Chocolate Nuts & Sea Salt, 12-Count Bars
Dark Chocolate Nuts & Sea Salt is a sweet and salty blend of almonds, peanuts, and walnuts drizzled in chocolate with a touch of sea salt. KIND Nuts & Spices is a line of bar... read more →
KIND PLUS, Cranberry Almond + Antioxidants, Gluten Free Bars 1.4 OZ (Pack of 12)
Top-selling Cranberry Almond + Antioxidants is a delicious complementary blend of tangy cranberries and dry almonds. A delicious way to get 50% DV of Vitamins A, C, & E, 3g f... read more →
KIND PLUS, Peanut Butter Dark Chocolate + Protein, Gluten Free Bars (Pack of 12)
All natural fruit + nut bars ,made with whole nuts and fruit... read more →
Prices are accurate as of May 25, 2013 10:20 am. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Not Starving Lets Eat