We don’t have pork recipes yet so here’s the first one – Chinese Salt and Pepper Spareribs! It has a little oriental taste to it and sure is worth the try.
Like most pork or meet recipes, the key here is the Marinade!
- pork spareribs - 1 kilo (cut into small pieces)
- For Marinade -
- Chinese rice wine - ½ cup
- soy sauce - ¼ cup
- rice vinegar - ¼ cup
- clove garlic - 6, minced
- sugar - 1½ tbsp
- five spice powder - ½ tsp
- salt -
- white pepper - ½
- Palm Oil or vegetable oil - for deep frying
- black peppercorns - 1 tbsp cracked
- chili pepper - 1 tsp, sliced & seeds removed
- chili fingers - 1 tbsp, sliced & seeds removed
- red bell pepper - 1 tbsp (finely chopped)
- green bell pepper - 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
- brown sugar - 1 tbsp
- In a large bowl, combine all marinade ingredients together with the pork spareribs. Marinade for a good 2 hours covered tightly inside the refrigerator.
- In a large frying pan, heat oil to 375F. Deep-fry spareribs until crisp and well browned. Set aside and pat with paper towels to remove any excess oils.
- In a separate pan over high heat, combine salt, cracked peppercorns, and finger chili. Cook until aromatic and the spices slightly toasted.
- Add in red and green bell peppers and brown sugar; add back the cooked spareribs.
- Quickly toss the spareribs until well coated with the spices and chilies. Turn off fire and serve immediately.
Check out this Salt and Pepper Spareribs Video from recipetvph
Recommended Best Sellers
Prices are accurate as of March 15, 2014 8:07 am. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.