Feel like a royalty for a day for this Chicken ala King recipe!
Contrary to what you might think, Chicken a la King is not a complicated recipe. It’s rich cream sauce is primarily because of the heavy whipping cream. This dish is best served on top of bread, puff pastry or pasta.
- chicken breasts - 1 lb, cubed, skinless, boneless
- white or crimini mushrooms - 1 cup, sliced
- heavy cream - 1/2 cup
- sherry - 4 tbps
- green peas - 3/4 cups
- pimento - 1/2 cup chopped
- fresh parsley, chopped finely - 2 tbsp
- dried thyme - 2 tsps
- butter - 1/2 cup
- chicken broth - 2 cups
- all purpose flour - 1/2 cup
- salt - 1 tsp
- black pepper - 1/2 tsp
- Heat a pan and melt-in 1/4 cup butter.
- Put-in mushrooms. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Put-in chicken, salt, ground black pepper, and sherry. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a sauce pan and melt the remaining 1/4 cup butter.
- Add flour and stir until the mixture forms. Pour-in chicken broth and stir until the butter and flour mixture dissolve. Let boil.
- Transfer the chicken broth mixture to the pan where the chicken is cooking.
- Pour-in the heavy cream. Add thyme, pimento, parsley, and green peas.Let boil and cook until the sauce thickens.
- Arrange puff pastry on a serving plate and top with chicken a la king.
Check out this Chicken ala King video!
Recommended Best Sellers
Pyrex 6022369 Storage 14-Piece Round Set, Clear with Blue Lids
Pyres 14-Piece Clear Glass Storage Set Since 1915, experienced cooks and beginners alike have reached for Pyrex glassware products. It all started with our glass bakeware... read more →
Prices are accurate as of May 23, 2013 1:36 am. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Not Starving Lets Eat