Almost everybody would be rendered powerless to resist a tender and juicy Fried Chicken with a crispy crust. This time, we’re giving your all time favorite chicken dish a twist with a Buttermilk Fried Chicken recipe!
Health Facts! Chicken proives 67.6 % of the daily value for protein in 4 ounces. This is the reason why chicken is one of the best alternatives to red meat if you want to increase protein in take without as much fat. Chicken breast is the leanest part of the poultry. It is advisable though to remove the skin before cooking, or avoid eating it.
- chicken - 2 lbs, serving pieces
- buttermilk - 2 cups
- all-purpose flour - 2 cups
- salt - 2 tsp
- black pepper (ground) - 1 tsp
- extra virgin olive oil - 1 cup
- Combine chicken and buttermilk in a large mixing bowl then mix well.
- Place the mixture inside the fridge and marinade overnight.
- Combine flour, salt, and ground black pepper then mix well.
- Dredge the marinated chicken in the flour mixture then set aside.
- Heat a frying pan and pour-in olive oil.
- When the oil is hot enough, pan fry the chicken for 3 to 5 minutes per side.
- Transfer the semi-fried chicken in a baking tray.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bake the semi-fried chicken for 30 minutes then reduce the heat to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and continue baking for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Turn off the oven and transfer the chicken to a serving plate.
Chef John of foodwishes shares this Buttermilk Fried Chicken Video
Recommended Best Sellers
Pyrex 6022369 Storage 14-Piece Round Set, Clear with Blue Lids
Pyres 14-Piece Clear Glass Storage Set Since 1915, experienced cooks and beginners alike have reached for Pyrex glassware products. It all started with our glass bakeware... read more →
Prices are accurate as of May 23, 2013 12:01 am. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Not Starving Lets Eat