MMM…. Bourbon Balls. This is the time for get-together and parties and a party would not be complete without Bourbon Balls.
Here’s a simpler recipe to make your own luscious chocolate and bourbon delight. Yes, it would take you three days to do it but it’s definitely worth it. So, plan ahead!
Health Facts! We’re pretty much aware of how chocolate is good for your body! It has high amount of anti-oxidants. It has anti-cancer properties. It’s a natural anti-depressant. Good for the heart and brain. In a nutshell, it makes you have a long life. So, it’s a happy life to be a chocolate lover!
- chopped nuts - 1 cup
- Kentucky bourbon - 5-7 tbsps
- butter - 1/2 cup, softened
- confectioner's sugar - 1 package, 16 oz
- chocolate - semisweet, 18 oz
- heavy cream - 1/4 cup or more
- Place the nuts in a jar. Pour the bourbon over the nuts.
- Seal or cover and allow to soak overnight.
- Mix the butter and confectioners' sugar; fold in the soaked nuts.
- Form into 3/4 inch balls and place in a sealable container; refrigerate overnight.
- Line a tray with waxed paper. Melt the chocolate with heavy cream in the top of a double boiler over just-barely simmering water, stirring frequently and scraping down the sides with a rubber spatula to avoid scorching.
- Using toothpicks, roll the balls in the melted chocolate to coat; arrange on the prepared tray.
- Carefully remove toothpicks. Store in refrigerator until serving.
- A traditional Bourbon balls doesn't have chopped nuts but Pecan nuts cut in halves.
- After mixing sugar, bourbon and butter, chill them overnight. Then, shape mixture into 1-inch balls. Gently press pecan halves into 2 sides of each ball. Chill 8 hours.
- Melt chocolate and shortening in a saucepan over medium heat. Remove from heat. Dip bourbon balls in chocolate, and place on wax paper.
- Chill 1 hour or until hardened.
Here’s a video featuring the founders of Kentucky’s famous Bourbon Balls, Rebecca Ruth.
Prices are accurate as of May 24, 2013 8:29 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Not Starving Lets Eat