This is definitely one guilty pleasure – Banana Cream Pie! You will feel like a child again as you indulge in this smooth and creamy pie filled with bananas. It’s going to be pure bliss!
- bananas - 4, ripe, sliced
- cornstarch - 1/4 cup
- sugar - 1 cup
- salt - 1/4 tsp
- milk - 3 cups
- egg yolks - 4, beaten
- butter - 3 tbsp
- vanilla - 1 1/2 tsp
- pie crust - 1 baked, 9 inch
- Topping: -
- granulated white sugar - 2 tbsp
- heavy whipping cream - 1 cup
- In a medium saucepan combine sugar, cornstarch, and salt; gradually stir in milk. Cook and stir over medium heat till thickened.
- Reduce heat, cook and stir 2 minutes more. Remove from heat.
- Separate egg whites; discard. Beat egg yolks slightly.
- Gradually stir 1 cup of the hot mixture into the egg yolks. Return egg mixture to saucepan; bring to a gentle boil. Cook and stir an additional 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in the vanilla, butter, and three of the sliced bananas.
- Use the remaining sliced banana to evenly cover the bottom of the pie crust. Pour filling on top.
- Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from oven, cool.
- Prepare the topping by beating the whipping cream until soft peaks form. Add the sugar and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Place topping onto the banana filling, chill for 1-2 hours before serving.
Recommended Best Sellers
Pyrex 6022369 Storage 14-Piece Round Set, Clear with Blue Lids
Pyres 14-Piece Clear Glass Storage Set Since 1915, experienced cooks and beginners alike have reached for Pyrex glassware products. It all started with our glass bakeware... read more →
Prices are accurate as of May 21, 2013 12:28 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Not Starving Lets Eat