Here’s another creamy – veggie soup recipe: Asparagus Soup.
Health Facts! Asparagus is truly a vegetable that should be part of your diet. It has detoxifying properties, anti-aging functions, helps protect against cancer and heart diseases on top of being considered as an aprhrodisiac.
- asparagus - 1 lb, chopped
- chicken broth - 4 cups
- butter - 1 tbsp
- extra virgin olive oil - 1 tbsp
- yellow onion - 1 medium, minced
- garlic - 2 tsp, minced
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- ground black pepper - 1/4 tsp
- heavy cream - 6 tbsp
- Parmesan cheese - 3 tbsp, grated
- Melt butter in a cooking pot. Add-in olive oil.
- Put-in the onion once the oil heats-up. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add the garlic, salt, and pepper. Cook for 40 seconds.
- Put-in the chopped asparagus. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour-in chicken broth or stock. Let boil and simmer for 18 minutes.
- Puree the soup using a blender food processor until the texture becomes smooth.
- Add heavy cream and continue cooking for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Transfer to an individual serving soup bowl. Sprinkle some Parmesan cheese.
Check out this Asparagus Soup video!
Recommended Best Sellers
Pyrex 6022369 Storage 14-Piece Round Set, Clear with Blue Lids
Pyres 14-Piece Clear Glass Storage Set Since 1915, experienced cooks and beginners alike have reached for Pyrex glassware products. It all started with our glass bakeware... read more →
Prices are accurate as of June 17, 2013 8:25 pm. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Not Starving Lets Eat